Sunday, August 2, 2009

Togiak River Alaska

I've been up in Alaska the last couple of months working on the Togiak river. King salmon season just ended and we are waiting for the silvers to show up. The numbers of kings were still down, but it was better than last year. I didn't get a whole lot of time to fish and I didn't bring my camera when I did, so no fresh king pictures.
After king season ended I got to go up river and fish with my girlfriend on one of the tributaries. We caught a lot of dollies and a couple of nice rainbows.

Chum eyeball above. Some old slides of years past below. Those were the good old days. Big salmon on the fly.

























Right now I am waiting for a plane to take us up river. A friend and I will be floating back down to the lodge over the next couple weeks in search of big rainbows. Will post about that later.










1 comment: